Thursday, April 1, 2010

Holy Week Day 5

Today was the Last Supper & Suffering at Gethsemane

Where the story is found: Matt 26:17-75; Mark 14:12-72; Luke 22:7-65; John 13:1-8 through 18:27

Prophecies fulfilled:

1: "Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me." (Psalm 41:9)

2: "Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none." (Psalm 69:20)

3: "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted." (Isaiah 53:4)

4: "And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver." (Zechariah 11:12)

Discussion:

1. Why was it important that Jesus washed His apostle's feet?

2. How would you have felt if you were part of the mob that arrested Jesus? or Peter when the cock crowed a third time?

3. What is the significance of the Passover and the modern reminder?

ANSWER for Day 4's Discussion:

1. They were brother and sisters. They were friends with Jesus and he stayed at their house on occasion.

2. 30 pieces of silver. The price of a common slave.

Apostolic thought/song:

CHALLENGE: Read Exodus Chapter 12 and the Bible Dictionary under "Feasts" to find out the history and significance of the Passover in historic and modern and Jewish and LDS culture.